Paris prosecutor invites potential victims to come forward
Paris, France
On Wednesday, Paris prosecutor Laure Beccuau invited potential victims of sex offender Jeffrey Epstein to come forward or file complaints, as five Parisian magistrates investigate possible crimes committed in France or involving French victims or perpetrators.
The publication of documents related to Jeffrey Epstein, who died in prison in 2019, will โinevitably reopen the trauma of certain victims, some of whom (…) are not necessarily known to us,โ Laure Beccuau told franceinfo.
โWe already want to be there for these victimsโ and โif they wish, we will receive any statements they would like to make, either through complaints or testimonies,โ Ms. Beccuau assured.
The Paris public prosecutor’s office โhas specific jurisdiction,โ โeither when the perpetrators are French,โ and โincluding when the acts are committed abroad,โ โor when the victims are French,โ its chief prosecutor pointed out. In the event that Paris does not have jurisdiction, the public prosecutor’s office โwill forward everythingโ to the authorities that do.
On Saturday, the prosecutor’s office announced that it had referred the case to magistrates to analyze possible offenses involving French nationals, โparticularly of a sexual or financial nature.
On Wednesday, the prosecutor returned to these two โframework investigations,โ which will enable the analysis of millions of documents, notably with the assistance of the Anti-Cybercrime Office (Ofac) and the use of open sources such as press articles. โWe are going to weave all of this mass of data together,โ summarized Ms. Beccuau.
On Saturday, the public prosecutor’s office also announced that it would conduct โa complete reanalysis of the investigation fileโ of former model agent Jean-Luc Brunel, who died in custody in 2022. The purpose of this โreanalysisโ is to potentially โextract any evidence that could be usefully re-examined in the new investigation,โ according to the public prosecutor’s office.
The investigation, in which Mr. Brunel had been placed under investigation, was closed without further action in July 2023 following his death. No other individuals were placed under investigation in this case.
The magistrates are also looking into a report by the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Jean-Noรซl Barrot, concerning allegations against diplomat Fabrice Aidan, who exchanged dozens of emails over several years with Jeffrey Epstein, according to the documents consulted; model recruiter Daniel Siad, following a complaint of rape; and conductor Frรฉdรฉric Chaslin following a complaint of sexual harassment.
The public prosecutor’s office also said it was working in coordination with the National Financial Prosecutor’s Office (PNF), which in early February opened a preliminary investigation into โaggravated tax fraud launderingโ targeting former Minister of Culture and now ex-president of the Arab World Institute (IMA) Jack Lang and his daughter Caroline Lang, who are also mentioned in the โEpstein Files.โ As part of this investigation, the IMA and Mr. Lang’s home were searched on Monday.

-British police appeal for witnesses on human trafficking charges
London, United Kingdom
British police on Wednesday appealed for witnesses on charges of human trafficking and sexual assault of a minor in the 1990s, mentioned in files linked to American pedophile Jeffrey Epstein.
In a statement, Surrey Police (southeast England) said it had โtaken noteโ of an redacted FBI report containing allegations of โhuman trafficking and historical sexual assaults on a minorโ between 1994 and 1996 in the village of Virginia Water.
They called on anyone with information to come forward, saying they had โfound no trace of these allegationsโ in their records due to limited information.
They also did not mention any names.
However, British media reported that the names of disgraced Prince Andrew, brother of King Charles III, and Epstein’s partner and accomplice, Ghislaine Maxwell, appear in the report.
According to these reports, the accusations were made by an anonymous witness, who claimed that a woman was tied to a table and โtortured with electric shocksโ while the disgraced prince and other men watched.
The report was made public in December when the US Department of Justice released a first batch of documents relating to pedophile Jeffrey Epstein, a case that has had multiple repercussions around the world.
Former Prince Andrew, who was accused of sexually assaulting 17-year-old American Virginia Giuffreโwho committed suicide in April 2025โwas stripped of his royal titles in October for his ties to the American financier. He has always denied any wrongdoing.
Several British police forces are currently investigating allegations contained in these new Epstein files, or revelations that have emerged since their publication.
Thames Valley Police, where the Royal Lodge residence where the former prince lived for years is located, is looking into allegations that Andrew had sex with a second woman sent by Epstein in 2010, as reported by the alleged victim’s lawyer.
Other police forces are looking into Andrew’s potential role in the arrival of flights in the United Kingdom carrying women sent by Epstein, or in the transmission of confidential information to the financier when he was special envoy for international trade.
Breaking news: Former Prince Andrew reportedly arrested by British police
Humaniterre with AFP



